Thursday, March 24, 2016

Good Night Ken Howard...COACH REEVES


 
The TV Show The White Shadow only ran for 3 years from 1978 to 1981. The impact of the show will be felt for generations. The White Shadow produced by Gwen's dad...Bruce Paltrow was the show that opened the door for network dramas to come from LA Law and Law and Order to Hill Street Blues and almost every "cop show" to follow.

Yesterday in all the celebration of the life of Malik Taylor from A Tribe Called Quest, the notice of Ken Howard's passing didn't get much attention.

I needed to take this time to acknowledge my appreciation for Mr. Howard's work on The White Shadow.

In every interview I saw with cast members they remarked how "real" high school players commended them on their acting and more impressively their "basket ball."

I love The White Shadow to this day, and if I hit the lottery...I am buying the right's to The White Shadow or the film Fast Break...or I may even shoot my own original film series based on the show.

In closing...I never believed in the term "honorary" brother or black man....but if I did. Gabe Kaplan and Ken Howard would have topped my list.

I learned a little about basket ball from watching your show...but I learned a lot more about life.

Good Night Coach Reeves....We'll Miss you.

That's Game.



_____________________________________________________________________________

Advertisement
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment