Thursday, March 17, 2016

EDITORIAL: Teach Them Well

Guest Columnist Brooke Brimm

I read a story this morning about Sweetie Pie's Grandson getting shot & killed at a music studio. She said he was set up. I went to his FB page & he had guns, money, weed, colors, and gangster stuff. I thought to myself, the the set up happened long before he was called outside to get killed. We've got to love them, read to them, breastfeed them, protect them, educate them, correct them, communicate with them, advocate for them, pray for them, pray with them because the world is a rough place. Even rougher for those who think the ghetto life is something exciting. It's not! I was born in these streets, raises in these streets, and the streets don't love you at all. Save your babies from the streets because they don't have the same safety nets afforded others while they are exploring their youth. Start from the womb, so that they don't see the tomb before you. I'm sorry for yet another family.

Editor's Note: Brooke Brimm is a family friend of mine. She is also a successful wife, mother, business woman.

If you would like to be a guest columnist or write an editorial for this site?
Please reach me at RaymondCTyler@gmail.com
______________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment