Friday, December 2, 2016

The CW Cross Over Event Heroes Vs. Aliens is A WINNER!


The best idea broadcast TV has made this past year was to collect 4 great DC Comics franchises and to put them on Monday through Thursday.

Monday-Super Girl
Tuesday-The Flash
Wednesday-Arrow (The Green Arrow)
Thursday-DC's Legends of Tomorrow (think DC's C-list comic characters)

Personally, my favorite show and the only one I DVR is DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
I suspected that this show would be extremely well written because the characters in question do not have the super incredible fan base of Super Man and others.

So far DC's Legends has not disappointed me in the two seasons.

Well some one at The CW got the idea to do a 4 way cross over between Super Girl, Flash, Arrow and Legends.

When I heard I was "underwhelmed".

In the past, trying to connect 4 hours of one story has always failed on a few levels.
_________________________________________________________________________

I am glad to say I was wrong.

The Super Girl story....left me shaking my head as it was light on inclusion of the other heroes.
However, by the time the story gets on a roll in The Flash arc, this cross over is Wonderful!

I do not want to give any spoilers.

I will say it's a great story , with no filler. Every scene is worth the shoot and the stories are easy to follow even if you don't watch the selective shows.

For me it was great seeing The Legends inter act with Super Girl , Flash, Arrow and the supporting cast members.

If you are a fan of good comic film and TV?

Go to the CW site and watch the complete Heroes Vs. Aliens story on line.

___________________________________________________________________________

Advertising








4 comments:

  1. Well, since Supergirl is on another Earth, it would be difficult to really start the story there. And like you said, a 4 hour story is also difficult. So, since she's on Monday, the writers wisely decided to tease the story in her episode and just bring Flash and Vibe in at the end. So we end up with a 3 hour story that rocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more Dwayne. Thanks for the reply.

      That was the first whole Super Girl I watched since World's Finest...and I was not disappointed.

      I like the take on Super Girl and the female Luther's. I am still cold on much of the rest of her cast though.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a brief, spoiler-free review so that we can all have fun watching it. I'm a few episodes behind on most of my shows, so it'll probably be a little bit before I watch the 4-parter.

    Oh, and it's "Supergirl" and "Superman", one word, not two ("Super Girl").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott....I will keep that in mind. And I just hope you are enjoying the TV DCU U as much as I am.

      Delete