Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Former Mayor Lorenzo Langford NOT Running in Upcoming Election

In a Facebook Post Today. Former Mayor Lorenzo Langford has said he will not seek to regain the office of mayor in the upcoming election. He also says he is "close" to both Marty Small and Frank Gilliam but at the moment declines endorsing either.
At approximately 2pm today (Feb 15th) the following status appeared on Langford's Facebook.

For the record. I have decided that I will NOT be a candidate for mayor in the upcoming democratic primary. As I have begun to share this news with ardent supporters and well-wishers, it has been met by profound disappointment. Admittedly, I have mixed emotions. I am convinced that had I run, I would have won, hands down. In a 3-person race with 4,000 voters deciding the outcome, my base would have been sufficient as it was in 2009 (Langford, Tyoun, & Small) and again in 2013 (Langford, Garrett, Davidson). The numbers speak for themselves.
Although I still have the passion to serve, the necessary zeal to go 100% full throttle with regard to campaigning never sufficiently materialized. Therefore, I could not, in good conscience enter the race at this time with anything less than exuberance.
Let me make it perfectly clear, as of this moment, I have not formally endorsed any candidate for mayor. Both Marty Small and Frank Gilliam are close to me and various members of my family. Unfortunately, the two of them have tremendous dislike and animosity towards each other. Hence, I expect a nuclear campaign. Consequently, my family will remain neutral and will not be drawn into this battle siding with one over the other. When this campaign is over, regardless of who wins, both will still be welcomed into my home as it is not uncommon for either of them to pay an occasional visit. As for me, certainly, I will vote for one over the other and will share my personal choice with them, my family, and loyal Langford supporters in private, if asked. Therefore, until such time as I am moved to make a formal endorsement, anything else is speculation and conjecture. Nobody speaks for me in that regard but me!
In the meantime, I want to thank those who've always had my back and were ready to "ride or die" with me yet again this time. I treasure you more than you'll ever know. And to the two or three friends that prematurely jumped ship, I thank you too!

Advertisements









No comments:

Post a Comment