Sunday, February 12, 2017

Good Night Professor Irwin Corey





Professor Irwin Corey....The World's Foremost Authority
...Passes Away at 102.





I first came across the befuddled, confused and  loquacious Professor Irwin Corey in the classic film Car Wash. I had laughed but not paid much more attention to him until 1982.

When I saw the video for Run DMC's, Rock Box....I loved it before I heard the first note.


I loved it because Professor Corey opens the video with his trademark rambling, that you have to listen closely to if you want to understand anything he says.

He made an already great video and song...even better with a opening that no one would have thought of having.

What I love about the opening of Rock Box, Professor Corey and what his character represents...is the utter charm a smart person can have while being foolish in speaking jargon to people that do not ask for or understand long drawn out words, sentences and stories.

Professor Corey was a student of the American Language and poked fun at it...often poking language right in the eye. Not always the right eye, per se.


What Was Professor Irwin Corey The Foremost Authority On...? I don't think he ever got around to explaining that....but I Got It!

Good Night Professor Corey...not only did you make my child hood and the world funnier...you made the first hip hop video to play on MTV fun too.


Advertisements




No comments:

Post a Comment