Saturday, March 19, 2016

Don't Call It A Come Back....INNERCITY RETURNS TO PHILLY AIRWAVES

 
 

INNER CITY...The radio show that launched literally hundreds of soul music careers returns to the Philly air waves tomorrow night at 7pm.

INNER CITY with Tiffany Bacon will begin again March 20th at 7pm on Old School 100.3 FM.

When we last heard INNER CITY....The Five Spot was still the hub for brand new FUTURE stars to perform on stage.

However, many of the same talents such as Musiq, Floetry, Kindred, Bilal, and The Roots were first heard on radio thanks to Inner City and host Tiffany Bacon.

In a city that seemed to be ruled by hip hop and R&B , Miss Bacon believed and brought Philly and the world great music that helped us all.

Whenever I was in Philly I listened to hear friends of mine such as poets Bernard Collins and Stephenie Renee and great music that wasn't heard anywhere else.

Inner City introduced the best new artists anywhere to people every where and I was proud to have met Miss Bacon while writing for Vibe and The Source.

Years after Inner City's first run ended...Ace 102.7 asked me to produce a show very similar with musicians that played live and had high energy.

I "borrowed" as much as I could from Inner City....if I wasn't afraid of lawyers I might have called myself Tiffany's Cousin Ray Ray.

On a serious note...the smartest people in radio steal from the people they love and who do it well....in that respect...I can say...many of the things I have produced for radio were indeed directly influenced by INNER CITY.

So when I heard Inner City was coming back I said to myself...."Should Have Never Left....BUT GLAD IT IS BACK!"

Today...not only can Inner City be heard all over Philly but with the net you can listen from anywhere between here and Pluto via the web.
So if you want to hear the best new music from the freshest artists and stuff that will heal your soul....from the absolute best personality breathing on the mic?

INNER CITY
7pm
Old School 100.3 FM
_________________________________________________________________
 
And those are just the first hour guests!
 
_________________________________
 
Save The Date April 17th
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment