Monday, February 29, 2016

Good night George Kennedy

TMZ has reported that actor George Harris has died , 11 days after his 91st birthday.

A child of the 1970's , I have seen Kennedy play everything from the heavy, to priests, to leg breakers, to cops.

One of the last roles he was great in was as police officer Ed Hocken in the Naked Gun movie series.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kennedy back in the 1990's on the set of a talk show called USA Live (same day I met Pam Grier.) Somewhere in my archives I have picture with the 6ft4 actor (one of the few I have met that was actually as tall as myself.)

I remember him as a quiet but nice guy.

I loved watching him work on television and film because he was a consummate actor, in a time when acting was at a premium I think we all took for granted.

                                                          _________________________

                                   Coming In March...The Early Bird Special with Raymond Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment