Monday, February 22, 2016

It Hit Me Today...(an excerpt of a poem by Raymond Tyler Jr.)

Raymond Tyler Sr. Holding (me) ...Raymond Tyler Jr.
 
 
 
It Hit Me Today

It Hit Me Today
like the weight of 40 plus years
and
the wait of...40 years plus
IT...Hit Me ...
That You are really GONE...
NOWHERE
except for
the old pictures wearing
new suits
I will sometimes see you
through the tears in my minds eye
when I choose to stand up to the pain
but the drugs they make to manage that pain
is so much more worse than the cause of it
but
it feels like being run over by car when
It Hits Me...
that our last hug
was our last hug
 
The Rest Of This Poem Will Be Out In My Next Book Of Poetry Due out Later This year! 
 
____________________________________________________________________________
 
Advertisement
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment