Friday, February 26, 2016

SPEAKING OF BLACK HISTORY...VANESSA WILLIAMS...MISS AMERICA

Atlantic City's
Miss America

I love to see photos of Vanessa with her crown.
 It reminds me that when ever we (Black people...people of color)achieve in America, someone is quick to want to burn and destroy that.
What Vanessa did in Atlantic City no one can take away....
Before President Obama she was our No. 1.
In fact living in AC during the Miss America prelims...the buz was already out that Vanessa Williams ...Miss New York was the best of the contestants. All of AC from the boardwalk to basket ball courts we were all talking about and bragging about Vanessa....

I want to be clear.
Right now today when I think of Miss America I think of Vanessa Williams.... I bet you can't name 5 Miss America's before her and I know I can't name 3 since.

Whether we are talking Barry Bonds, Lance Amstrong, Marion Jones, or the Jackie Robinson Little League Team from chicago....I do not let the media tell me who is worthy....I research and make my own choice of who is a Winner and who is a cheater...

"Miss America" may have taken her crown. In our mind's she earned the title well before that Saturday Night in Atlantic City. And there hasn't been a second since some of us heard about her that she has not been in our hearts.

Vanessa was a winner to us before she was even crowned and she's been winning ever since.

                                                       _____________________
                                                          ADVERTISEMENT





 

No comments:

Post a Comment