Friday, April 15, 2016

Facts and Brass Tacks Number One: KOBE BRYANT is OVER RATED

Call me a hater all you wish.
That is your right.
I however have been watching NBA Ball and a serious fan of basket ball in general since 1978.
That being said, I must admit that KOBE BRYANT is/was an amazing talent and great player.

However, all the fuss that was made about him this week has been less about his talent or impact on the game and more about ESPN wanting to use Kobe to rewrite history.

While Kobe was a great scorer and an okay defender...He is not in my top ten all time.
First here's my case for why I just don't like Kobe the ball player.

1.Kobe never made one player on his team better. Not ever, not on any team he played for.
(This in my mind automatically put him behind Magic Johnson , Larry Bird and Isaiah Thomas)

2. Kobe ran Shaq, Gasol, Bynum and Dwight Howard out of town.
Once Kobe got rid of Shaq...he was constantly looking for a new Shaq.

3. Kobe and Shaq could have been the greatest dynasty since the Celtics.
See above.

4. Kobe and Shaq played together with awesome talent and couldn't make The Western Conference Finals.
If Kobe was as great as they made him out to be. He would have won with Eddie Jones, Ced Cebalos and Nick Van Exel.

5. Over all...I feel Kobe has done more to set the Lakers back and undermine his own winning.

6. On all 5 championship teams he was a part of...he depended on the bigs he ran out of town.
Shaq was the MVP of the first three runs. And with out Andrew Bynam to check Kevin Garnette , The Lakers would have lost back to back years to Boston.

No I am not a hater.

Kobe was not a scrub or merely a good player.
However, the demi god treatment he got this week was not the Kobe I remember as a Laker either.
____________________________________________________________________

Advertising
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment