Sunday, April 17, 2016

About Last Night....or It's OUR SHOW!!!!!


Very few people truly know me. Even fewer "UNDERSTAND" me.

When I am in the radio station I am apt to say every one is welcome, should have a good time, should shine, but I do say..."it's my show."

That is true but not the truth.

The shows I produce are my shows from the stand point of I write the checks that keep the shows on the air, I make deals with sponsors to keep the shows on the air, I smile while people I have helped slam doors in my face to keep the show on the air.

It's my show.

I also bear the blame of everything that didn't go right.
Food in the studio? That's on Raymond.
Somebody curse by mistake? That's on Raymond.
A guest is upset because they felt they should have gotten 5 more minutes? That's On Raymond.
And I could go on.

It's true that the shows I produce are Raymond's shows. Cause...almost every week...someone explains to me what Raymond did Wrong.

HOW EVER!

THE TRUTH IS.....that there are many great people that are responsible for the radio I am blessed to be able to produce.

___________________________________________________________________________________

ABOUT LAST NIGHT
 

Last night on the Weekend Lounge , I was lucky enough to have Michelle Moseley sit in and co host with me. For about 3 years straight Moseley and Larry Lee helped me build an audience at FM 91.7 WLFR every Friday Morning!

The 3 of us welcomed wonderful guests and talked our way through serious subjects like suicide and domestic violence. We also had a lot of fun.

And we pushed that show as far as we could with in the limits of what you can say on public radio waves.

Michelle's hard work and spark on FM 91.7 WLFR helped me achieve and the impact of her work still helps me years after she's been gone.

Last night was about paying respect.

And not for nothing. There are a lot of other people that need to show both Michelle and Larry more respect for what they have done for South Jersey!

To some it may have seemed like I was gushing and that no one ever did anything for me but Michelle. Not true. I was just making sure that my partner knows that I recognize her talent and her contribution to what I have  and enjoy today!

__________________________________________________________________________________

That being said. I want to take this moment to also recognize several other important people.

Larry Lee-The average person reading this will NEVER know the contributions he's made to my radio career. However, I would like to thank him for amazing remix tributes he's done for Mary J Blige, B.I.G and Michael Jackson. And for discussing race and education and politics in ways you almost never here DJ's ...talk about ...those issues.

My former Interns -Erica Bell-Henry my first. As well as all the others. Your hard work will live forever in my heart. I am proud of all of you and what you brought.

Turkessa Lee and Liz Rozier-Yall the one's that started this Saturday Night....Cocktail Party on radio atmosphere...and I love you both and Saturday Nights.

Cheryl B. Sellers-She is my right and sometimes LEFT hand as well.

When you hear me on the radio. All of these people have played important roles in my success.
Every radio show I do it can be said is our success.
__________________________________________________________________________________



Lastly I want to offer my BIGGEST thanks to my current Microphone Super Friends....Stella, Tahira and Roz!
 
First: I appreciate you guys listening and not slapping me upside the head while I spent most of last night playing "remember when" with Moseley.

I was not unaware that YOU 3 are riding with me NOW! And that we are building something even greater than what has been done before.

You ladies are great professionals and I have never had anyone work as hard or be as dedicated to our collective brand and you 3!

Last night was about paying respect.
Every day now, however I find myself on a microphone and I am super excited to do so because I am working with great women like yourselves.

I could truly do a show every day about how wonderful you are and the great things we have lined up for the future.
Maybe one day I will.

For now....we still got a whole lot of work to get done in front of us and no time to look at the rear view.

JUST KNOW. I VALUE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!
And I respect every precious moment you dedicate to OUR VISION!
I appreciate you all more every day and I do know how blessed I am to be working with you.
I have yet to find a way to make the people I work with day in and day out ...feel how much they mean to me...in the moment...every moment.
However, believe me I will continue to try.

THANK YOU
STELLA
ROZ
TAHIRA
Let's keep making history!
___________________________________
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment