Monday, April 25, 2016

Boogie Nights Honors the Late Prince


 
 

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (April 25, 2016) — In honor of the late legendary musical icon Prince, Boogie Nights at Tropicana will host A Tribute to Prince Saturday, April 30th.

Known for evoking the fun and nostalgia of the 70s and 80s, Boogie Nights will put their signature flair on the event featuring performances by their Prince impersonator, Arlin Padilla. Special touches including an extended soundtrack of Prince’s greatest songs and music videos as well as themed drink specials will complete the tribute.

Padilla has been a staple impersonator at Boogie Nights since 2008. “My favorite part about performing as Prince is that I get to honor someone that I absolutely admire,” says Padilla. “Prince was magical, and when I perform as him I get to feel that magic. It's surreal to be able to travel around the country and perform as someone you idolize.”

Prince sold more than 100 million records during his four-decade career, earning seven Grammys and one Oscar for his Purple Rain score.

Padilla recalls, “I was blessed to have seen him in concert a few years ago. It was the most amazing concert I've ever been to. The energy was electric. I mean you could just feel the entire arena come alive when he took the stage.”

“When you perform as your idol, you spend a lot of time studying them; their movements, their attitude, basically everything, it's like losing a close friend. It's a strange feeling,” Padilla says. “I have no doubt that my first time performing in my Prince costume is going to be emotional for me. He will live on through his music, and performing in his likeness is the best way I can honor him,” he continues.

Prince fans can see Arlin as Prince at A Tribute to Prince, Saturday, April 30th at 10pm at Boogie Nights. Cover charge is $15 at the door. Must be 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment