Thursday, May 18, 2017

NEED A LAUGH...? These 5 picks Streaming on HBO GO

If you have HBO...there is always something on.

What the kids used to call
Home Box Office...now has more channels than I can watch.

Now besides HBO, HBO 2, HBO Silver and HBO Detroit (I made up the last two) almost the entire HBO library is streaming online.

While I have not been able to find the classic HBO series The Hitch Hiker, Dream On or 1st In Ten, every thing else from drama like The Wire to series like Real Sports and a host of comedy and specials are streaming.

So for those of you in need of a laugh HBO is streaming many diverse comedic films here's 5 of my choices.

5. NIGHT SHIFT
The inside story of the late night TV wars of the 90's. While the film focus' on David Letterman and Jay Leno, the film also gives us info on The Arsenio Hall Show, Johnny Carson and much more!

This film is extremely rare so I was elated to watch it and relive my 20's.


4. M.A.S.H
Do not confuse this with the TV show it inspired.
This Robert Altman film is funny and dark.
If you love the TV show? Just be prepared to enjoy this
original interpretation of "Hawk Eye" , "Trapper" and "Hot Lips."

#3 Life With Mikey

I love this family movie that has heart and realness.

Michael J Fox a true former child, star anchors a cast of
solid (at the time) child actors lead by a wonderful performance by Christina Vidal as Angie a street smart con artist with a face that could melt any heart.
Warning, this movie gets really sappy...and I love every second and a laugh every time I watch it. I have seen it about 5 times.

2. Friday

For real, I know 50 people that did not know this was streaming that will make this the highlight of their night or weekend now.

They may not even know HOW to work HBO GO...but they gone learn.

Friday is a classic urban comedy up there with Car Wash and Cooley High!

1. Wild Cats

Think... The White Shadow with Goldie Hawn as The Coach and it's set with a foot ball team instead of basket ball.

Wild Cats , Any Given Sunday and Brian's Song are tied as my favorite football films.

If you don't laugh from start to finish? You ain't right...

And don't forget to recognize the great Nipsey Russell moving that Peanut Brittle.

There were about 10 more films I wanted to write about. So maybe soon I'll post SON OF 5 GREAT COMEDIES STREAMING ON HBO GO.
_____________

Our WEB and BROADCAST SPONSORS











No comments:

Post a Comment