Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Light...Thanks Charlie Murphy


Today it was reported that comedian Charlie Murphy has died today from leukemia.

I don't remember meeting him in person but I did see him perform at The Borgota in Atlantic City and he gave one great and funny show!

Like many people of a certain age, I call recall when Charlie was better known as "Eddie Murphy's Brother."

The first time I noticed him at all was in the film CB4.

What I will remember the most about Charlie is his stand up.

When I went to his show, I was surprised he was doing all his own material and telling hilarious stories rather than jokes.

This was surprising to me because at least 2 generations of black comics made a good living rewriting and retelling Eddie Murphy jokes from Raw and Delirious.

While, the material was truly original, I could not help but notice a similar pace of comedic timing which one would expect from growing up in the same home as the second best stand up comic ever (Eddie Murphy being second to Richard Pryor.)

Charlie Murphy...Darkness....Thanks For The Jokes...and WE ALREADY MISS YOU!

______________

Our Broadcast and Web Sponsors











No comments:

Post a Comment