Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Why World World One and The Red Baron are The Greatest Things About The Great Pumpkin

It's The Great Pumkin, Charlie Brown first aired October 27, 1966, on CBS, preempting My Three Sons. (The original sponsors - as seen during the original opening sequence, almost never seen afterward in its entirety - were Coca-Cola, the original sponsor of A Charlie Brown Christmas, and the Dolly Madison brand of baked snack foods, which would go on to be a longtime co-sponsor of the Peanuts specials on CBS.)

CBS re-aired the special annually through 2000, with ABC picking up the rights beginning in 2001, where it now airs annually during the Halloween season.


I was watching The Great Pumpkin this afternoon and the way Charles Shultz paid tribute to WW1 ....just blew my mind watching it as an adult.

As a kid..it was probably the thing I cared for the least in the cartoon but as a adult and a writer and an artist....it floors me...and I have seen it every Halloween for 40 plus years.

Charles Shultz' inspiration continues to influence me as I will imagine it will generations of writers and artists for many generations to come.


________________________________________________________________________
Advertising

Advertising



No comments:

Post a Comment