Thursday, November 10, 2016

REAL LOVE: Two Books For Your Family's Election Hang Over


It's Morning in America. And many of  my friends and some people that have labeled me an enemy because I think for myself are sad today. The election of Donald Trump was a swift kick in the pants and basically messed up their last Obama buzz.

Others have told taught their children...Don't Be A Bully, Be Respectful, Be Kind, and Do Not Be a Bigot.

Those things are what we should teach all children.
I live by those words.
However, Roy Ennis (who is wrong most of the time) once said that kindness and respect with out the power to back it up doesn't amount to much. I have agreed with very little Mr. Ennis has ever said in public but I believe that.

It's another morning in America. And parents are wondering WHAT to tell their children today.

If they are a certain age...may I suggest the truth?
If you have not read the books Roots and The Diary Of Anne Frank?
Please do. And if you have? You may have to share the truths enclosed with your family.

This is not a call to get you upset, burn anything or fight anyone.

This is a plea for you to read two books that send powerful messages, needed messages if you have the courage to pay attention.




ROOTS

Shows to what lengths people have gone to build, keep and maintain power.
It also shows what happens when good people run up against bad people with America and The Bible behind them. And FYI , I am a Christian.

The Diary Of Anne Frank breaks my heart even more than Roots does because I always wanted a daughter like Anne. I believe I have a niece every bit as smart and creative and nice a person as Anne.

The message is the same as Roots, plus one more!

You can be as nice as you like....but when good people sit and do nothing as people who aren't good or nice, exercise their power...? We are all in trouble.

The good news is that there is good news and good people out there.
Now it's up to us to look out for and take care of One Another.


_________________________________________________________________


Advertising




No comments:

Post a Comment