Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Raymond C Tyler.com and The AC Beat remembers Pinky Kravitz

Currently my signed and numbered Pinky Kravitz bobble head sits on my trophy mantel with my basket ball, public speaking and volley ball trophies (only the first place and champ trophies on display.)

However when I first opened The Little Wellness Arts Center my unique "personal" Pinky was one of the first things I set up for display. I was always happy to explain to out-of-towners WHO...Pinky is.....and why his bobble was on display.

Pinky gave me the bobble head after I appeared as a guest on his TV/radio show Pinky's Corner.
Funny thing is I had guest hosted FORUM 40 for channel 40 a couple of times before that, but of course it was my appearance on Pinky's Corner that most people called and said they "saw me on TV."

I worked at WOND for about 2 years. I told Pinky I was bringing back the WUSS radio show Let's Talk About It....Pinky made it plane he wanted to be the first guest. Pinky was more than a colleague or the "most senior" personality at WOND. Pinky lent me every bit of help he could and told me to ask him if I needed more! He didn't need me to get on to the radio...he knew that if he came on my show and gave me a thumbs up....every one that didn't already know I was an okay guy...would know from Pinky I was an okay guy. The same goes for my appearance on Pinky's Corner. It was all to help boost my success...and I believe he was kind of proud of "the kid."

Next year I will celebrate 10 years as a professional radio producer. There are many times people at the stations I was BUYING time from, treated me like I was "THE HELP" and not an executive producer with writing credits for Vibe, The Source, Atlantic City Weekly and Philadelphia Weekly.
Pinky however, always treated me with the same level of respect that he actually earned from being a fixture in AC for more than 50 years.

While we were columnists at The Atlantic City Weekly, he was the one that talked me into using my name to help organizations like The Covenant House.

When I reflect I remember PINKY as such an example of the right way to be a local celebrity and national media person.

On Saturday October 31st, The City of Atlantic City lost a giant and one of the brightest stars to grace our heaven. His influence will be seen and heard here for a mighty long time. Still...I am mourning and praying for The Kravitz Family. The Kravitz Family have long shared him with the rest of us...let's not forget them at this time.

This Sunday at 8am please tune into The AC Beat on FM 96.1 WTTH as producer/host Raymond Tyler remembers and pays tribute to Pinky Kravitz.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to hear of your Pinky experience. Pinky was my uncle and gave me the confidence to be a media maven. What ba guy, thank you for your kind words. means a lot.

    ReplyDelete