Saturday, November 7, 2015

Question Of The Day: Are There Real opportunities For Young People IN Atlantic City?


In my late 20's I moved from AC to EAST ORANGE, NJ. My mother had a S*&% fit...but it was the best thing I ever did getting away from AC.

I still looked out for my home town while I was gone. In fact every opportunity I gained, I did my best to share with the young people I left...because I never left them behind.

I left in the 1990's and now it is 2015.

Atlantic City still have one major newspaper, The Press Of Atlantic City. The alternative paper The AC Weekly is also owned by The Press Of AC.

There are NO Black owned radio stations. There are only two stations that play anything close to Black, hip hop or soul music. Neither have any people of color on staff (that I know of.)

To the best of my knowledge there are only two African American on air hosts in The AC area.

However, I know of several intelligent, great minds that ARE making great contributions to the media and also to the world at large. All if not most however, are finding their success outside of Atlantic City!

So here's my question(s)

ARE THERE REAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN ATLANTIC CITY, NJ IN 2015-2016?

IF SO CAN YOU PLEASE IDENTIFY THE FIELDS OPEN AND THAT YOUNG PEOPLE CAN LOOK TO?

IS THERE A WAY TO DEVELOP SOME INDUSTRIES HERE THAT WOULD ATTRACT THE BEST PEOPLE FROM OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY? (BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF ATLANTA TAKING ALL OF OUR GREAT YOUTH, BUT I URGE THEM TO LEAVE AC FOR THEIR OWN GOOD)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT LEFT AC? IS THERE ANY THING THAT WOULD MAKE YOU COME BACK TO STAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment